How is it possible to create healthy recipes for kids that they will really enjoy? Not always the easiest task. We all know that eating healthy is required to stay fit, but it is to be a daunting task if you have one or more children.
Kids have a very peculiar taste. One day they need peanut butter and grape jelly, the next they can not eat anything but pizza! Some guys absolutely love the sauce on pizza, but they will not touch the spaghetti because it has ketchup on it! They can be strange in some time, but they are still kids. How do you deal with it? Well hopefully we will offer some ideas here.
Healthy Recipes are not hard to come by, but they can be hard to do sometimes, and other times they just will not cut the mustard. You need ideas that children will enjoy regularly so you can rest easy knowing that they are eating their food and, more importantly, enjoy it. If your kids do not like what they are eating, they will turn irritable, grumpy and throw tantrums. So here are some quick tips …
Make food fun
Healthy recipes are not always boring oatmeal and plain yogurt, if they are good places to start breakfast instead of sugar corn. One way that the children involved in the food they eat is to let them participate in the process of making a meal plan, and help to make food. If the child is still too young to help with decisions, they can always reach bowls, spoons, etc. to feel involved in the process.
kids will always McDonalds? Well done it in the game …
Ask the kids in the morning, during the day or even the day before what they want for dinner. However, they say there are rules. The child who wins the game gets what he / she wants for dinner, and they get to do it. So, what are these “rules”
-? Rule -1 There must be something you can do at home
– Rule 2- It must have at least one vegetable included
– Rule -3- You can not eat it in the last three days
– Rule -4- It can not have any candy in it (duh …)
– Rule -5- If more than one child, then it has to more than one dish. The child who does not “work” as the main dish the race gets to choose a side dish.
So how do you choose who wins? Well, you can either choose a kid who is most enthusiastic about it, or you can be very arbitrary and draw numbers out of a hat. To make it fair, to try to disable the kids every night.
kids know nothing about healthy recipes, of course, so they have to use a cookbook. You can get the cookbook under the sun on Amazon.com, or just use what you already have and like.
Another thing you can try is to ask your children what meals they like best. Then, when they weed through pizza, spaghetti and macaroni and cheese to real food, you can simply ask whether they want to learn how to do it. This helps in two ways:
– It teaches children the basics of making meals
– Your children will probably enjoy the food more because they had an idea and learn what kind of effort is involved in cooking a meal and learn how to make healthy recipes in the future.
healthy recipe Choices
If your children are very young, then just get them to eat what you want (to keep it healthy and mini course) and then you can sort of side step “picky-eater” syndrome later. If, on the other hand your children already have their minds made up about not wanting to try new choices, then try these healthy recipe choices for possible functions of
Spaghetti and Meatballs
-. Use whole wheat pasta instead of the usual white pasta or use gluten free pasta
-. Add garlic pasta sauce for added heart-healthy benefits
– Use anti-organic and hormone-free meat for meatballs (even if they are frozen and pre-made)
– Cut, or have them cutting up into smaller pieces so it is easier to digest
– Use smaller parts [!19459003]
Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup
– Use spelled bread or sprouted grain bread
– Use organic, anti-organic and hormone-free cheeses
– Buy organic tomato soup that does not have sugar added to it
-! A lower dose
– Buy thin crust pizzas if you can
– Cut the slices smaller so the kids think they are still eating two slices even if it is only one cut into small pieces
– Have a salad before digging into the pizza
– Never get buffet- even if it is cheaper. Everyone will eat much more than they need to
– Try to incorporate some vegetables !. (Ie, mushrooms, olives, peppers) to get them used to eat them
– Only have pizza on rare occasions. It is not healthy and it tends to pile up in the stomach
healthy recipe choices for breakfast are not always so easy. Kids like the Coco-Puffs, Trix and Cinnamon Toast Crunch course. However, their bodies not big fans of it. Instead, try some of these options as often as you can to get them off their sugar begins
-. Regular taste of oatmeal, even if it is instant content
– Add cinnamon to put a little extra flavor
– use a small amount of honey to sweeten it instead of sugar
– Mix berries for added health benefits as well as taste
– Add apple slices to eat and cinnamon for added flavor
– Buy Only lowfat plain yogurt. (It is added sugar and fruit that make it bad for you)
-. Add fresh fruit, or canned peaches in order to improve the taste
– Put some oats into yogurt for fiber
– Top with a little honey for the cute factor
smoothies are fun and easy to do. They can taste great and are quick fixes that you can take with you any time. For kids, keep in size below 8 ounces because they tend to pack a lot of calories and sugar (from good sources, but anyway).
my favorite recipe is very simple (for two 8 oz doses)
– Start with one cup of milk in a blender
– add one banana
– Add four strawberries
– Add about two tablespoons of peanut butter (personally I like almond butter)
– Add 1/4 cup of plain lowfat yogurt
– Mix well until the mixture is red and peanut butter by the sides.
For many more smoothie recipes, check on Men’s Health for smoothies !. Just remember to use much smaller doses for little ones.
As we mentioned before, healthy recipes not hard to come by, they just need patience, preparation and planning. Get these three skills down, and you will be able to fend off obesity Bully for kids!