Healthy eating in fast food restaurants used to be a complete myth, but no longer. Many restaurant chains and business have become aware of the fact that they do not need to sacrifice the nutritional value just for the taste and quick service. . Especially nowadays when consumers such as yourself, are beginning to feel the need to cut down the bulging belly and eat responsibility to lead longer, healthier lives
Fast food has played a major role in our society – from actual brand and popularity to burgers and fries Staples indulge to satisfy your cravings. Undoubtedly, it has served its purpose well. However, healthy eating has become very result, and all that needs to change.
avoid hamburgers and pizza is difficult, especially if you make it part of your daily life. So, as a compromise, or at least get you started off on the right foot, there are certain things you can do to ensure that you reduce your dependence on fast food.
1. Do your research. If you find yourself ordering food from a particular restaurant more than others, it would be best if you got really familiar with all the food options they offer. This includes all of the best selling food items aside, spices, and yes, even add-ons. So if you really feel the urge to drive through or are running late for a meeting and need to grab a quick bite on the way, you can still experience healthy eating by opting for the least sinful items on the menu.
2. Avoid fried foods. Fast food restaurants typically use hydrogenated oils made from animal or vegetable fat. This type of oil is simply more economical, practical and easier to store. Even so, studies have shown that they pose any harmful effects on consumers. Cardiovascular disease, hypertension and clotting and inflammation, just to name a few.
Some operators have announced that they have turned not use hydrogenated soybean or corn oil mix. So if you can, avoid fried fast foods altogether, limit your intake, or do your research and go for fast food joints that use non-hydrogenated vegetable oil to ensure healthy eating.
3. Sauce it down. Sometimes, even when you order leanest, least fried pieces of meat, you just get the same amount of fat and sodium, if not more, of dressing your burger or salad included. Creamy, thick sauces such as gravy and salad dressings are the worst because they hide around 100 calories and at least 10 to 15 grams of fat per serving. Spices, too, are not exempt. A pack of ketchup had about 125mg of sodium, and there is much to come from such a small package
Next time you feel like indulging in this flavorful add-ons, try to use it sparingly. just enough to give your food a nice kick. For healthy eating, stop for a vinaigrette salads devices.
4. Go in cold glass of H20. You know you’re already treat you delicious fast food, and beverage skip the soda and sweet iced tea.
5. Pile on the vegetables. In order to add extra cheese, eggs, pickles, bacon, mayo or, why not go to another healthier still as tasty and filling options like lettuce, tomatoes, mushrooms, avocados, and onions. One bite and you’ll surely enjoy a hamburger or pizza just as much.
There are many other ways for you to enjoy healthy eating at your favorite restaurant. But these 5 simple tips will definitely help you get started.